Author Question: Imagine that you are a participant in the Kassin and Kiechel (1996) study, in which you are falsely ... (Read 37 times)

javeds

Imagine that you are a participant in the Kassin and Kiechel (1996) study, in which you are falsely accused of pressing a forbidden keyboard button while performing a computer task.

According to the results of the study, you would be more likely to confess that you really pressed the button if you were
  A) cognitively overloaded during the task.
  B) inoculated.
  C) high in need for cognition.
  D) high in need for consistency.

Question 2

Imagine you need to create a TV advertisement for a political candidate who is not trusted by the public. Of the following choices, which would be the best way to start an ad that made your candidate look more trustworthy?

A) My opponent has not gone far enough in fighting crime.
  B) Although my opponent has a good record of fighting crime,
  C) I'll be tough in fighting crime.
  D) The opposing party has consistently been soft on crime.

elizabethrperez

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B