This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While waiting for a bus, witnesses hear a man growing increasingly frantic as he cries, My nitro ... (Read 63 times)

biggirl4568

While waiting for a bus, witnesses hear a man growing increasingly frantic as he cries, My nitro tablets. Where are my nitro pills? I can't find my nitro tablets, and I'm having a heart attack He collapses to the ground, clutching his chest.

Everyone knows that it is a medical emergency. In this situation, who is most likely to help?
  a. James, who has recently completed a CPR course
  b. Anita, who hears a voice from the back of the crowd, Let me through I'm a doctor and follows the lead of this model
  c. Gene, who has been sued before for leaving the scene of an accident
  d. Arthur, who notices that blood is streaming down the man's chin and onto his shirt

Question 2

According to reports (Rosenthal, 1964), many of Kitty Genovese's unresponsive neighbors did hear her crying out, Oh my God, he stabbed me Please help me Please help me

This suggests that the reason that her neighbors failed to intervene followed from
  a. pluralistic ignorance.
  b. the excessive costs of helping.
  c. diffusion of responsibility.
  d. urban overload.