This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mariah has had a hard semester, and her grades have suffered. She really needs a good grade in ... (Read 92 times)

ap345

Mariah has had a hard semester, and her grades have suffered. She really needs a good grade in psychology to get off academic probation and stay in school.

On the next psychology exam, Mariah is sorely tempted to cheat, but she decides not to. Which of the following pairs of cognitions best reflects the source of any dissonance Mariah might experience while deciding not to cheat?
  a. My school life could be over; I just gave up a chance to help myself.
  b. I'm basically a decent, honest person; These exam questions are ambiguous and tricky.
  c. I'm a basically an honest person; I've never seen any of my friends cheat.
  d. So much is riding on this exam; I just know that if I try it, I'll get caught.

Question 2

According to results of dissonance studies, who is more likely to believe that lying is truly a heinous, unconscionable, and unforgivable act?

a. Mark, who was tempted to lie, but told the truth instead
  b. Dan, who has always told the truth
  c. Bill, who lies quite often
  d. Julius, who knew he should tell the truth, but lied instead

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

IAPPLET

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

ap345

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Kedrick2014

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library