This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mariah has had a hard semester, and her grades have suffered. She really needs a good grade in ... (Read 94 times)

ap345

Mariah has had a hard semester, and her grades have suffered. She really needs a good grade in psychology to get off academic probation and stay in school.

On the next psychology exam, Mariah is sorely tempted to cheat, but she decides not to. Which of the following pairs of cognitions best reflects the source of any dissonance Mariah might experience while deciding not to cheat?
  a. My school life could be over; I just gave up a chance to help myself.
  b. I'm basically a decent, honest person; These exam questions are ambiguous and tricky.
  c. I'm a basically an honest person; I've never seen any of my friends cheat.
  d. So much is riding on this exam; I just know that if I try it, I'll get caught.

Question 2

According to results of dissonance studies, who is more likely to believe that lying is truly a heinous, unconscionable, and unforgivable act?

a. Mark, who was tempted to lie, but told the truth instead
  b. Dan, who has always told the truth
  c. Bill, who lies quite often
  d. Julius, who knew he should tell the truth, but lied instead

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

IAPPLET

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

ap345

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
Excellent

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library