This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mariah has had a hard semester, and her grades have suffered. She really needs a good grade in ... (Read 95 times)

ap345

Mariah has had a hard semester, and her grades have suffered. She really needs a good grade in psychology to get off academic probation and stay in school.

On the next psychology exam, Mariah is sorely tempted to cheat, but she decides not to. Which of the following pairs of cognitions best reflects the source of any dissonance Mariah might experience while deciding not to cheat?
  a. My school life could be over; I just gave up a chance to help myself.
  b. I'm basically a decent, honest person; These exam questions are ambiguous and tricky.
  c. I'm a basically an honest person; I've never seen any of my friends cheat.
  d. So much is riding on this exam; I just know that if I try it, I'll get caught.

Question 2

According to results of dissonance studies, who is more likely to believe that lying is truly a heinous, unconscionable, and unforgivable act?

a. Mark, who was tempted to lie, but told the truth instead
  b. Dan, who has always told the truth
  c. Bill, who lies quite often
  d. Julius, who knew he should tell the truth, but lied instead

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

IAPPLET

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

ap345

Reply 2 on: Jun 22, 2018
:D TYSM

blakcmamba

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library