Author Question: Whats the difference between a chapter outline and a chapter summary? (Read 1021 times)

TI

My history homework is having me do to chapter summaries and two chapter outlines. But whats the difference between the two besides the format?
Im not sure how exactly to write my summaries.

j_sun

A chapter summary is what the chapter was about in your own words, like how you perceived it. A chapter outline is what information was in the chapter.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

hummingbird

An outline is a list of points in the chapter.  They are listed in a a structure order with main and subordinate points.  

A summary is a re-telling of the content of the chapter in a shorter form.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library