Author Question: I really think about quitting smoking, Michael often says to his friends, but after doing it for so ... (Read 26 times)

armygirl

I really think about quitting smoking, Michael often says to his friends, but after doing it for so long I think it is too late to be of any benefit to me.. What should his friends tell him?

a. You will reduce your risk of stroke and coronary heart disease to normal within 5 years of quitting smoking, so give up the cigarettes
  b. Well there's really no way to know if it would help, but you'd sure smell a lot better if you gave up the cigarettes
  c. Actually, within one year of quitting cigarettes your lungs regain their normal ability to move out mucus
  d. That's probably correct, so just keep smoking. What is most important now is that you avoid putting second-hand smoke into others' lungs..

Question 2

Dr. Cox is discussing the issue of stress with his students. Clearly, the best way to understand stress is to examine the interactions that occur between a person and his or her environment Dr. Cox is a proponent of the ____ paradigm.

a. internalization and externalization
   b. stress and coping
  c. emotion and problem
  d. biopsychosocial

courtney_bruh

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

b