This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What should you do when developing a routine request or a positive message? A) Slowly build up to ... (Read 32 times)

Jipu 123

What should you do when developing a routine request or a positive message?

A) Slowly build up to the request or main idea
  B) Not assume that your audience will comply
  C) Demand action to ensure compliance
  D) Be non-specific when stating what you want
  E) State precisely what you want

Question 2

Which of the following shows the best use of tone when writing a routine request?

A) I need a copy of the budget.
  B) Send me the latest version of the budget.
  C) Can I have the budget by Tuesday?
  D) I need you to email the budget immediately.
  E) Please send me a copy of the budget.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Christopher

Answer to Question 1

Answer: E
Explanation: E) You should begin routine requests by placing your initial request up front, where it stands out and gets the most attention. Of course, getting right to the point should not be interpreted as license to be abrupt or tactless. You should pay attention to tone. Instead of demanding action, soften your request with words such as please and I would appreciate.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: E
Explanation: E) Pay attention to tone. Instead of demanding action (Send me the latest version of the budget spreadsheet), show respect by using words such as please and I would appreciate.

Jipu 123

Reply 2 on: Jun 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bassamabas

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library