This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 50-year-old woman has experienced devastating consequences in her family and work life as a result ... (Read 39 times)

pragya sharda

A 50-year-old woman has experienced devastating consequences in her family and work life as a result of her long-standing alcohol addiction.

The levels and pathways of which of the following neurotransmitters in her body are likely to differ from an individual without addiction?
  A)
  Dopamine
  B)
  Acetylcholine
  C)
  Serotonin
  D)
  Norepinephrine

Question 2

A 31-year-old female has been recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus and is attending a diabetes education class. Which of the following statements by the woman demonstrates an accurate understanding of her health problem?

A)
  I'll have to control my blood sugars, my blood pressure, and my cholesterol in order to make sure I don't develop sight problems.
  B)
  I'm grieving the fact that I won't be able to get pregnant without causing permanent damage to my vision.
  C)
  It's surprising that sugar in my blood can accumulate on the lens of my eye and cause a loss of sight.
  D)
  I want to avoid going through the treatments for sight restoration that I would need if my diabetes causes damage to my vision.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gasdhashg

Answer to Question 1

Ans:
A

Dopamine levels are thought to be altered in addiction and possibly contribute to addiction. Acetylcholine, serotonin, and norepinephrine are not noted to play a central role in the neurophysiology of addiction.

Answer to Question 2

Ans:
A

The threat to vision that is posed by poorly controlled blood sugar levels is compounded by high blood pressure and/or cholesterol levels. Pregnant women with diabetes need additional care to monitor their sight, but they will not necessarily lose it. The damage caused by diabetes does not occur on the lens, and restoration of lost visual acuity is not normally possible.

pragya sharda

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library