This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with central diabetes insipidus (DI) likely has which occurrence as part of his health ... (Read 28 times)

Mr3Hunna

A patient with central diabetes insipidus (DI) likely has which occurrence as part of his health history?

a. Brain surgery to remove a tumor
  b. A kidney disorder
  c. Water addiction
  d. A thyroid disorder

Question 2

The nurse is providing information to a patient who has recently been diagnosed with genital herpes. Which statements indicate the need for further instruction? (select all that apply.)

a. I am only contagious when I have open sores.
  b. The infection is limited to only my ge-nital region.
  c. There is no permanent cure for this con-dition.
  d. I will need to contact my physician for antibiotic cream for the open lesions whenever I have an outbreak.
  e. I should wash my hands carefully to prevent introduction of bacteria to the area.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nicoleclaire22

Answer to Question 1

A
Central DI is caused by insult to the pituitary that results from a brain injury or invasive brain surgery. Kidney disorders, water addiction, and thyroid disorders do not cause central DI.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, D
The disease may be spread during outbreaks. It is possible to spread the infection with viral shedding between outbreaks. Herpes is a lifelong condition. There is no cure. The condition's treatment can include the administration of antiviral medication. Antibiotics are not typically in-dicated unless a secondary bacterial infection develops. Proper hand hygiene is important to prevent both further spreading of the virus and introduction of bacteria to the affected area.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library