This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with central diabetes insipidus (DI) likely has which occurrence as part of his health ... (Read 29 times)

Mr3Hunna

A patient with central diabetes insipidus (DI) likely has which occurrence as part of his health history?

a. Brain surgery to remove a tumor
  b. A kidney disorder
  c. Water addiction
  d. A thyroid disorder

Question 2

The nurse is providing information to a patient who has recently been diagnosed with genital herpes. Which statements indicate the need for further instruction? (select all that apply.)

a. I am only contagious when I have open sores.
  b. The infection is limited to only my ge-nital region.
  c. There is no permanent cure for this con-dition.
  d. I will need to contact my physician for antibiotic cream for the open lesions whenever I have an outbreak.
  e. I should wash my hands carefully to prevent introduction of bacteria to the area.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nicoleclaire22

Answer to Question 1

A
Central DI is caused by insult to the pituitary that results from a brain injury or invasive brain surgery. Kidney disorders, water addiction, and thyroid disorders do not cause central DI.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, D
The disease may be spread during outbreaks. It is possible to spread the infection with viral shedding between outbreaks. Herpes is a lifelong condition. There is no cure. The condition's treatment can include the administration of antiviral medication. Antibiotics are not typically in-dicated unless a secondary bacterial infection develops. Proper hand hygiene is important to prevent both further spreading of the virus and introduction of bacteria to the affected area.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library