This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which gland is the only gland that is both an endocrine gland and an exocrine gland? a. Thyroid ... (Read 64 times)

roselinechinyere27m

Which gland is the only gland that is both an endocrine gland and an exocrine gland?

a. Thyroid
  b. Hypothalamus
  c. Pancreas
  d. Parathyroid

Question 2

The 60-year-old female in the post-coronary care unit confides to the nurse, My life is over. I'll never be able to care for my family, take a vacation, or work in my garden. Which response is most supportive?

a. You are doing great You can do all of those things in a few weeks.
  b. You may have to give up some things, but there are other activities you might enjoy.
  c. You are feeling a little blue today. Would you like medication to help your anxiety?
  d. You sound a little down. Tell me what you think is going to keep you from those activities; we might be able to address the problems.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jsherida

Answer to Question 1

C
The pancreas acts as an endocrine gland, secreting insulin directly into the bloodstream, and an exocrine gland, secreting digestive enzymes through ducts.

Answer to Question 2

D
Helping patients identify and face depression is helpful in dispelling it, and talking about her concerns will open up conversation and address the concerns in a problem-solving approach. Telling her that she will be able to resume all activities may be instilling false hope. Medication is not warranted at this point.

roselinechinyere27m

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library