Author Question: Which statement best indicates that the patient understands teaching about dietary restrictions in ... (Read 37 times)

lilldybug07

Which statement best indicates that the patient understands teaching about dietary restrictions in glomerulonephritis?

a. I should avoid canned soups and hot dogs.
  b. I should drink more water.
  c. I should eat more meat and cheeses.
  d. I should not eat fresh produce.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a patient who is scheduled to undergo surgery to manage glaucoma. Which statement indicates that the patient understands the nurse's teaching about the procedure?

a. The surgery will increase outflow of aqueous humor.
  b. The surgery will reduce amount of vi-treous humor.
  c. The surgery will widen my pupils.
  d. The surgery will reduce pain.

rnehls

Answer to Question 1

A
Care of the patient with glomerulonephritis may include a sodium-restricted diet if edema is present. Canned soups and processed meats are high in sodium. Fluids may be limited if there is oliguria (diminished urine secretion in relation to intake) or anuria (absence of urine). A low-protein, high-carbohydrate diet also may be ordered, so the patient should not increase meat intake. Fresh produce is not contraindicated for this patient.

Answer to Question 2

A
Glaucoma is a condition that causes increased ocular pressure. Surgical management for the condition seeks to provide an increased outflow of aqueous humor.