This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching the patient with an arrhythmia. Which statement indicates that the patient ... (Read 81 times)

jho37

The nurse is teaching the patient with an arrhythmia. Which statement indicates that the patient requires further teaching?

a. I've cut my coffee from 10 cups to 2 cups a day.
  b. I don't drink regular cola drinks any-more.
  c. I have given up drinking those high-energy drinks.
  d. I've switched from 5 cups of coffee to 5 cups of tea.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a 90-year-old resident in a long-term care facility who is becoming progressively confused and irritable. What should the nurse do next?

a. Request an order for a urinalysis.
  b. Hold the patient's antihypertensive medi-cations.
  c. Assess the patient for fecal impaction.
  d. Notify the charge nurse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cascooper22

Answer to Question 1

D
The patient with an arrhythmia should decrease caffeine intake. Tea has as much caffeine as cof-fee does, or more. All other options will reduce the caffeine intake.

Answer to Question 2

A
Sudden confusion and irritability may indicate a urinary tract infection (UTI) in the older adult. There is no supportive information indicating issues with the patient's antihypertensive medica-tions or the presence of a fecal impaction.

jho37

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

abro1885

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library