Author Question: The nurse is providing infection control teaching to a patient. Which patient statement warrants ... (Read 63 times)

darbym82

The nurse is providing infection control teaching to a patient. Which patient statement warrants additional patient teaching?

a. It is important that I get my whooping cough vaccination as directed by my health care provider.
  b. Getting plenty of sleep each night will help my immune system.
  c. I should wash my hands before preparing my food.
  d. It is important that I take my antibiotic until my symptoms have completely re-solved.

Question 2

The nurse is reviewing the patient's prescribed insulin regimen. The nurse notes that the physician has ordered a long-lasting insulin. Which medication best meets this criteria?

a. Lantus
  b. NovoLog
  c. Humalog
  d. Regular

reversalruiz

Answer to Question 1

D
Antibiotics must be completed in entirety. Partial completion of a protocol of prescribed antimi-crobial medication can cause a pathogen to become resistant to that particular drug. Vaccinations, adequate rest, and proper hand hygiene are important infection control measures.

Answer to Question 2

A
Lantus is a long-lasting insulin. It may be administered only one time per day. NovoLog and Humalog are both rapid-onset insulin preparations. Regular insulin is classified as a short-acting insulin.