This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is educating a patient with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) about recommended nutritional ... (Read 40 times)

xclash

The nurse is educating a patient with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) about recommended nutritional choices. Which statement indicates that the nurse's teaching has been successful?

a. I should try to eat foods like white rice and lean poultry.
  b. I should avoid red meats and eat large amounts of whole grains.
  c. I should eat food that is mushy in con-sistency.
  d. I should increase my intake of green lea-fy vegetables.

Question 2

When assessing a complete blood count (CBC) of a patient with acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL), the nurse would anticipate large numbers of immature white cells, called ___________________ _.

Fill in the blanks with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stallen

Answer to Question 1

A
A low-fat, low-fiber, high-protein, high-calorie diet is recommended for the patient with IBD to make up for the loss of fluid and nutrients in the frequent stools. Low-fat, low-fiber, high-protein, high-calorie foods include foods like white grains or starches and lean, tender meats. Whole grains are extremely high in fiber and should be avoided. A soft diet is not indi-cated. Green leafy vegetables are a rich source not only of vitamin K, but also of fiber.

Answer to Question 2

blasts

Immature white cells are released from the bone marrow in response to the body's need for more effective WBCs. Immature WBCs are known as blasts.

xclash

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library