This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new clinic patient with joint swelling and pain is being tested for systemic lupus erythematosus. ... (Read 34 times)

arivle123

A new clinic patient with joint swelling and pain is being tested for systemic lupus erythematosus. Which test will provide the most specific findings for the nurse to review?

a. Rheumatoid factor (RF)
  b. Antinuclear antibody (ANA)
  c. Anti-Smith antibody (Anti-Sm)
  d. Lupus erythematosus (LE) cell prep

Question 2

A 25-year-old female patient with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) who has a facial rash and alopecia tells the nurse, I never leave my house because I hate the way I look. An appropriate nursing diagnosis for the patient is

a. activity intolerance related to fatigue and inactivity.
  b. impaired social interaction related to lack of social skills.
  c. impaired skin integrity related to itching and skin sloughing.
  d. social isolation related to embarrassment about the effects of SLE.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

otokexnaru

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The anti-Sm is antibody found almost exclusively in SLE. The other blood tests are also used in screening but are not as specific to SLE.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The patient's statement about not going anywhere because of hating the way he or she looks supports the diagnosis of social isolation because of embarrassment about the effects of the SLE. Activity intolerance is a possible problem for patients with SLE, but the information about this patient does not support this as a diagnosis. The rash with SLE is nonpruritic. There is no evidence of lack of social skills for this patient.

arivle123

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

kswal303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library