This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) indicates that the patient has ... (Read 40 times)

yoooooman

Which statement by a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) indicates that the patient has understood the nurse's teaching about the condition?

a. I will exercise even if I am tired.
  b. I will use sunscreen when I am outside.
  c. I should take birth control pills to keep from getting pregnant.
  d. I should avoid aspirin or nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs.

Question 2

A patient with gout has a new prescription for losartan (Cozaar) to control the condition. The nurse will plan to monitor

a. blood glucose.
  b. blood pressure.
  c. erythrocyte count.
  d. lymphocyte count.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Severe skin reactions can occur in patients with SLE who are exposed to the sun. Patients should avoid fatigue by balancing exercise with rest periods as needed. Oral contraceptives can exacerbate lupus. Aspirin and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs are used to treat the musculoskeletal manifestations of SLE.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Losartan, an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, will lower blood pressure. It does not affect blood glucose, red blood cell (RBC) count, or lymphocytes.

yoooooman

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library