This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 42-year-old woman with Mnire's disease is admitted with vertigo, nausea, and vomiting. Which ... (Read 62 times)

NguyenJ

A 42-year-old woman with Mnire's disease is admitted with vertigo, nausea, and vomiting. Which nursing intervention will be included in the care plan?

a. Dim the lights in the patient's room.
  b. Encourage increased oral fluid intake.
  c. Change the patient's position every 2 hours.
  d. Keep the head of the bed elevated 30 degrees.

Question 2

Which statement by the patient to the home health nurse indicates a need for more teaching about self-administering eardrops?

a. I will leave the ear wick in place while administering the drops.
  b. I should lie down before and for 5 minutes after administering the drops.
  c. I will hold the tip of the dropper above the ear while administering the drops.
  d. I should keep the medication refrigerated until I am ready to administer the drops.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ntsoane kedibone

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
A darkened, quiet room will decrease the symptoms of the acute attack of Mnire's disease. Because the patient will be nauseated during an acute attack, fluids are administered IV. Position changes will cause vertigo and nausea. The head of the bed can be positioned for patient comfort.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Administration of cold eardrops can cause dizziness because of stimulation of the semicircular canals. The other patient actions are appropriate.

NguyenJ

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

triiciiaa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library