This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who is undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma says, I thought I was ugly before this all ... (Read 21 times)

clippers!

A patient who is undergoing chemotherapy for lymphoma says, I thought I was ugly before this all started. Now I know for sure I'm disgusting to look at. What is this patient most at risk for developing related to these comments?

1. changed body image perception
  2. reduced sexual response
  3. altered taste sensation
  4. inability to cope with the diagnosis and treatment

Question 2

A patient's blood oxygen saturation level is 99 on room air. The nurse realizes that the oxygenated blood is transported to the heart through which structure?

1. pulmonary arteries
  2. pulmonary veins
  3. bronchial arteries
  4. bronchial veins

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jadwiga9

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Radiation and chemotherapy lead to changes in appearance and body function, further altering body image. Reactions to this diagnosis vary and may include refusal to look in a mirror or discuss the effects of the disease or treatment, unwillingness to participate in rehabilitation, inappropriate treatment decisions, increasing dependence on others or refusal to provide self-care, hostility, withdrawal, and signs of grieving. Although altered sexual response may occur, the patient has not identified it as a current problem. The patient has not identified an alteration in taste or indicated lack of coping with the diagnosis or treatment.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2
The vascular system of the lungs consists of the pulmonary arteries, which deliver blood to the lungs for oxygenation; and the pulmonary veins, which deliver oxygenated blood to the heart. Bronchial arteries and veins are located within the lungs and are not directly involved with transporting oxygenated blood to the heart.

clippers!

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

emsimon14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library