This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 33-year-old patient states, I eat anything I want and just have a laxative for dessert The nurse ... (Read 16 times)

mikaylakyoung

A 33-year-old patient states, I eat anything I want and just have a laxative for dessert The nurse realizes that this patient is exhibiting which behavior?

1. bulimia
  2. anorexia
  3. effective weight control
  4. distorted body image

Question 2

The parent of a 12-year-old states, My child saw an older adolescent who was extremely overweight. Ever since then, my child won't eat. The nurse realizes that the child might be demonstrating what behavior?

1. an irrational fear of gaining weight
  2. defiance directed at the parent
  3. normal preadolescent behavior
  4. an internal power struggle

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leeeep

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
In bulimia and after binge eating, the patient may induce vomiting or take excessive quantities of laxatives or diuretics. Anorexic behaviors involve avoidance of eating. Laxative use is not a healthful means to control body weight. There is no discussion of the patient's perceived body image.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Anorexia nervosa typically begins during adolescence. Patients with anorexia nervosa have a distorted body image and irrational fear of gaining weight. Defiant behaviors involve rebellion. The child is not demonstrating that type of behavior. It is not normal for a preadolescent child to discontinue eating. The child is not demonstrating behaviors consistent with an internal power struggle.

mikaylakyoung

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library