This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient has been brought to the emergency department after being found by his mother at home. ... (Read 28 times)

fasfsadfdsfa

The patient has been brought to the emergency department after being found by his mother at home. The patient's blood alcohol level is currently 0.51. Which findings are consistent with this information?

Select all that apply.
  1. A sternal rub was performed with no response elicited.
  2. The patient's respiratory rate is eight breaths per minute.
  3. The patient's radial and pedal pulses are bounding.
  4. The patient states, I sleep for a long time, but I never feel rested when I wake up.
  5. The patient states, I really think I can drive myself home. I am fine

Question 2

The nurse reviews the long-term effects of alcohol use with a patient who has experienced chronic alcoholism for 25 years. Which patient statements indicate that addition teaching is required?

Select all that apply.
  1. My yellow skin is really just caused by the thiamine deficiency.
  2. My problems with COPD weren't because I smoke; it's because I was drinking so much.
  3. I was surprised to learn that my coronary artery disease may have been worsened by my drinking.
  4. I think I would've stopped drinking a long time ago if I had known that it may have caused my impotence.
  5. My mom was an alcoholic and died from breast cancer and it may have been the result of her drinking.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cloud

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1, 2

With this blood alcohol level, the patient is likely to be in a coma. The patient's respiratory rate may be very depressed. The peripheral pulses are more likely to be weak and thready due to peripheral vascular collapse, which would make it difficult for the nurse to palpate. The patient is not likely to be talking to the nurse about the quality of his sleep or about his ability to drive.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1, 2

Patients who have severely damaged their livers because of alcohol abuse may be more likely to exhibit yellow skin and sclera. Jaundice is unrelated to a vitamin B1 deficiency. The patient who smokes cigarettes is more likely to develop asthma. Asthma is not necessarily associated with drinking alcohol. The patient had an increased risk of developing heart problems by drinking alcohol. The patient had an increased chance of developing impotence by drinking. The patient's mother had an increased risk of developing breast cancer due to her alcoholism.

fasfsadfdsfa

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library