This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 50-year-old African American male is being seen by his primary healthcare provider for an annual ... (Read 25 times)

erika

A 50-year-old African American male is being seen by his primary healthcare provider for an annual physical. His last complete physical was 2 years ago and he has no complaints at this time.

He asks what health screening tests he should expect now that he is 50 years old, in addition to his annual health examination. Based on the patient's age and ethnicity, which screening tests should the nurse review with the patient?
  Select all that apply.

1. cholesterol level
  2. colonoscopy and occult blood screening
  3. prostate cancer screening
  4. vision screening
  5. osteoporosis screening

Question 2

Which statement by a 52-year-old female patient admitted for evaluation of migraines reflects the changes that occur in middle adulthood?

Select all that apply.

1. I am embarrassed by the amount of weight I have gained each year.
  2. I have recently been put on a lipid-lowering agent for an increase in my cholesterol levels.
  3. I worry about getting breast cancer like my friend who is the same age.
  4. I have been lonely since my children all married and moved far away.
  5. I am concerned about coping with an unplanned pregnancy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chocorrol77

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1,2,3,4

All of these screening tests, except for osteoporosis screening, are recommended for the middle-aged male based on age and time interval. Osteoporosis screening is recommended for the older adult male (age 65 or older).

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,2,3,4

The first four statements reflect the changes and concerns that arise in the middle adult years. While unplanned pregnancy can be a concern for perimenopausal women, this statement is more likely to come from a young adult.

erika

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library