This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 50-year-old African American male is being seen by his primary healthcare provider for an annual ... (Read 28 times)

erika

A 50-year-old African American male is being seen by his primary healthcare provider for an annual physical. His last complete physical was 2 years ago and he has no complaints at this time.

He asks what health screening tests he should expect now that he is 50 years old, in addition to his annual health examination. Based on the patient's age and ethnicity, which screening tests should the nurse review with the patient?
  Select all that apply.

1. cholesterol level
  2. colonoscopy and occult blood screening
  3. prostate cancer screening
  4. vision screening
  5. osteoporosis screening

Question 2

Which statement by a 52-year-old female patient admitted for evaluation of migraines reflects the changes that occur in middle adulthood?

Select all that apply.

1. I am embarrassed by the amount of weight I have gained each year.
  2. I have recently been put on a lipid-lowering agent for an increase in my cholesterol levels.
  3. I worry about getting breast cancer like my friend who is the same age.
  4. I have been lonely since my children all married and moved far away.
  5. I am concerned about coping with an unplanned pregnancy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chocorrol77

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1,2,3,4

All of these screening tests, except for osteoporosis screening, are recommended for the middle-aged male based on age and time interval. Osteoporosis screening is recommended for the older adult male (age 65 or older).

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,2,3,4

The first four statements reflect the changes and concerns that arise in the middle adult years. While unplanned pregnancy can be a concern for perimenopausal women, this statement is more likely to come from a young adult.

erika

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

rachel

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library