This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse determines that a client has understood instructions given following a bone scan when the ... (Read 28 times)

colton

The nurse determines that a client has understood instructions given following a bone scan when the client states:

1. I won't play with the grandchildren for at least 48 hours.
  2. I won't eat foods with any artificial colors or dyes.
  3. I'll avoid close contact with my family for 1 week.
  4. I need to drink a lot of fluids.

Question 2

When assessing the musculoskeletal system of an older client, it would be important for the nurse to report which finding?

1. Client complains of stiffness and mild pain in the knee joints.
  2. Client complains of numbness in the hands.
  3. Client is unable to fully extend arms about the head.
  4. Crepitus is heard when bending the knee.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 4

1. Radioactive precautions are not necessary, as the amount is minimal.
2. Restricting foods with artificial colors or dyes is not necessary.
3. Radioactive precautions are not necessary, as the amount is minimal.
4. Increased fluid intake is necessary to promote excretion of the radioactive material and prevent renal complications.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 2

1. Osteoarthritis causes pain and stiffness in the joints.
2. Numbness could indicate a neurologic or musculoskeletal disorder, because these systems are closely related. It would not be considered a normal age-related finding.
3. Full ROM and flexibility are decreased with age.
4. Crepitus is a grating noise heard due to loss of cartilage over ends of bones and can occur with age and osteoarthritis.

colton

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

shewald78

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library