This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is planning a teaching program for clients who are taking anticoagulants for peripheral ... (Read 40 times)

vinney12

The nurse is planning a teaching program for clients who are taking anticoagulants for peripheral artery disease. What should the nurse include in this teaching?

1. Encouraging eating a diet rich in pork and rice.
  2. Cautioning regarding taking NSAIDs or aspirin.
  3. Limiting alcohol intake.
  4. Taking an extra dose if a dose is forgotten.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching the client who is to start taking warfarin (Coumadin) for peripheral vascular disease. The nurse determines that further teaching is needed when the client states:

1. I need to limit my intake of vitamin K-rich foods.
  2. I need to be careful about falling.
  3. I should use a soft toothbrush.
  4. I can use a disposable razor to shave.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ngr69

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 2

1. Pork and rice are good sources of vitamin K, and would not be recommended.
2. NSAIDs and aspirin can potentiate anticoagulants. The nurse should caution against using either.
3. The client should not drink any alcohol.
4. The client should be instructed not to double a dose if one is forgotten.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 4

1. Foods rich in vitamin K counteract the purpose of the anticoagulant.
2. Since bleeding is a potential complication of anticoagulants, the client should be instructed on ways to prevent falls.
3. Hard toothbrushes can induce bleeding in the gums.
4. The client should use an electric razor to prevent nicks that can bleed.

vinney12

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library