This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When the client is ready and prepped for surgery, the team caring for the client should perform what ... (Read 77 times)

Yolanda

When the client is ready and prepped for surgery, the team caring for the client should perform what prior to beginning the surgery?

1. Scan of the MAR to be sure medications were given
  2. A timeout to conduct a final verification of the client
  3. A second look at the client's preoperative laboratory results
  4. A second surgical scrub of the surgical site

Question 2

The nurse is reviewing postoperative care with a client scheduled for surgery to remove skin lesions. Which client statement indicates that teaching has been effective?

1. I am having major surgery and will be hospitalized for 2 days.
  2. I will be taking narcotics for pain after the procedure.
  3. This type of surgery carries minimal risk.
  4. I will need reconstruction after surgery.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pratush dev

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 2

1. Before the client is taken from the preoperative area, medications are entered on the preop checklist so that they do not need to be reviewed immediately prior to surgery.
2. The universal protocol requires the surgical team to perform a timeout immediately prior to surgery to verify the correct client, site, positioning, and procedure.
3. Laboratory results are reviewed before the client is taken to the operating room.
4. Surgical scrub is not repeated immediately prior to surgery.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 3

1. Removal of skin lesions is considered minor surgery, and the client goes home when the surgery is complete.
2. The client is usually placed on acetaminophen or ibuprofen after surgery.
3. Removal of lesions is considered a low-risk surgery.
4. Minor skin surgeries do not usually require reconstruction.

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

olderstudent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library