This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client states to the nurse, I experience shortness of breath and dizziness every time I get into ... (Read 184 times)

itsmyluck

A client states to the nurse, I experience shortness of breath and dizziness every time I get into an elevator. Which actions by the nurse are appropriate based on this data?

Select all that apply.
  A) Assist the client to rethink the degree of anxiety associated with elevators.
  B) Ask the client how he has survived in life so far with elevators.
  C) Instruct the client in deep breathing exercises.
  D) Suggest that the client should avoid elevators.
  E) Tell the client that elevators are completely safe.

Question 2

Which nursing diagnosis would be appropriate for a client with a fear of doctors and hospitals?

A) Ineffective Health Maintenance
  B) Depression
  C) Anxiety
  D) Ineffective Coping

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TDubDCFL

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A, C

Deep breathing exercises can help the client reduce the anxiety associated with a fearful situation, such as entering an elevator. Assisting the client to rethink the degree of anxiety associated with elevators helps the client learn to manage the anxiety. Suggesting that the client avoid elevators will not help the client. Asking the client how he has survived in life so far with elevators will not help the situation. Telling the client that elevators are completely safe might not be true and should not be said to the client.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

The client with a fear of doctors and hospitals might not participate in routine healthcare activities, which could lead to ineffective health maintenance. There is not enough information to determine whether the client is or is not experiencing ineffective coping, anxiety, or depression.

itsmyluck

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

skipfourms123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library