This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is evaluating instructions provided to a client with glaucoma. Which client statement ... (Read 26 times)

SO00

The nurse is evaluating instructions provided to a client with glaucoma. Which client statement indicates that teaching has been effective?

A) The eye drops only need to be used when my eyes hurt.
  B) I can stop the eye drops when the glaucoma has resolved.
  C) I must use my eye drops as prescribed for the rest of my life.
  D) I will need to continually increase the dose of my eye drops.

Question 2

The nurse is planning instruction for a client who is newly diagnosed with glaucoma. What should be included in this teaching?

Select all that apply.
  A) Expect eye pain with the condition.
  B) Explanation of how permanent blindness will not occur
  C) Method to self-administer prescribed eye medication
  D) Importance of attending follow-up appointments with the physician
  E) Avoiding over-the-counter medication unless discussed with the physician

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ndhahbi

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Glaucoma can be controlled but not cured; the client must use eye drops for the rest of his life. Glaucoma can be controlled, but it will not resolve, so the client cannot stop using the eye drops. Eye drops must be used continuously; most clients with glaucoma do not experience eye pain. Increasing the dosage of eye drops is only necessary if the ocular pressure is not controlled; this must be determined by the physician, not the client.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C, D, E

When instructing a client on how to manage the diagnosis of glaucoma, the nurse should include why the client needs to avoid over-the-counter medication unless discussed with the physician, the method to self-administer prescribed eye medication, and the importance of attending follow-up appointments with the physician. The nurse has no way of knowing if the client will develop blindness. Eye pain is not to be expected and should be reported to the physician.

SO00

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

carojassy25

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library