This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client states to the nurse, I know I have high blood pressure but I don't want to take medication. ... (Read 50 times)

Wadzanai

A client states to the nurse, I know I have high blood pressure but I don't want to take medication. Based on this data, which health problem is the client at risk for developing?

A) Gastritis
  B) Diabetes
  C) Cardiomyopathy
  D) Metabolic syndrome

Question 2

A nurse is performing an assessment on a client diagnosed with aortic stenosis. At which location will the nurse hear the client's murmur best?

A) Right sternal border, second intercostal space
  B) Left sternal border, second intercostal space
  C) Right sternal border, third intercostal space
  D) Left sternal border, third to fifth intercostal space

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rnehls

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Hypertension places the client at risk for development of cardiomyopathy. Hypertension has not been associated with metabolic syndrome, diabetes, or gastritis.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A

The murmur associated with aortic stenosis is auscultated on the right sternal border, second intercostal space.

Wadzanai

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kusterl

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library