This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is discussing postoperative care with a client scheduled for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass ... (Read 39 times)

meagbuch

The nurse is discussing postoperative care with a client scheduled for Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. Which client statement indicates that learning goals for this client have been met?

A) Maintaining protein intake will be a priority in my recovery diet.
  B) I will need to take daily vitamin and mineral supplements.
  C) I will initially take in only liquids, such as low-sugar juices.
  D) The foods I am allowed to eat gradually will be increased.

Question 2

The nurse is planning care for a client with upper body obesity. What teaching should the nurse include in this client's care?

Select all that apply.
  A) Oxygen consumption
  B) Exercise
  C) Injury prevention
  D) Diet
  E) Behavior modification

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

qytan

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

Liquids are initially the only intake allowed after bariatric surgery. Sugary beverages and fruit juices with added sugar should be avoided, as these products can promote dumping syndrome. Vitamin and mineral supplements will be prescribed after the immediate postoperative period.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B, D, E

Although many factors contribute to obesity, this condition always involves an imbalance of kilocalorie consumption and energy expenditure. Client education includes exercise, diet, and behavior modification. Oxygen consumption and injury prevention are not identified areas for client teaching regarding obesity.

meagbuch

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library