This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse gives discharge instructions to an adult client who sustained a bicycle fall and underwent ... (Read 21 times)

xroflmao

The nurse gives discharge instructions to an adult client who sustained a bicycle fall and underwent open reduction and internal fixation of a fractured hip.

After the teaching is complete, which statements by the client indicate appropriate understanding of the information presented?
  Select all that apply.
  A) I will use my abduction pillow while sleeping to maintain proper hip alignment.
  B) I will use the high toilet seat to prevent excess flexion of my hip.
  C) I only need to use my walker during physical therapy appointments.
  D) I will take my prescribed ibuprofen to decrease the risk for a deep vein thrombosis.
  E) I might experience bruising because of the prescribed warfarin.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for an adult client who is admitted to the hospital with a possible hip fracture. Following the admission assessment, nurse determines that the client is obese. About which disorders should the nurse teach the client that are often as

Select all that apply.
  A) Stroke
  B) Degenerative joint disease
  C) Urinary retention
  D) Mobility problems
  E) Chronic cough

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lauravaras

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A, B, E

Statements that indicate that the client understood the discharge instructions include the use of an abduction pillow to maintain proper hip alignment; using a high toilet seat to prevent excess flexion of the hip, and knowing that there may be an increased risk for bruising due to the prescribed warfarin, an anticoagulant. The client should use the walker at all times until told otherwise. The client is taking warfarin, not ibuprofen, to decrease the risk for deep vein thrombosis.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: B, D

A client who is overweight and/or obese is at an increased risk for degenerative joint disease and functional and mobility problems. There is no relationship between obesity and chronic cough or urinary retention. There may be some relationship indirectly to stroke.

xroflmao

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library