This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client being treated for nephritic syndrome is a vegetarian and has a poor oral intake. Which ... (Read 48 times)

CBme

A client being treated for nephritic syndrome is a vegetarian and has a poor oral intake. Which action should the nurse take to meet this client's nutritional needs?

A) Request that the healthcare provider prescribe an appetite stimulant.
  B) Request a dietician to discuss the client's dietary preferences.
  C) Encourage the client to eat the food provided on the meal trays.
  D) Explain that the client will be returning home soon and can resume a preferred diet.

Question 2

A client is experiencing weight gain and foamy dark urine 4 weeks after being treated with antibiotics for a sore throat.

Which client statement, made during the health history assessment, should the nurse provide further instruction?
  A) I have been trying to get plenty of rest since I have been sick.
  B) I have changed to a more nutritious diet.
  C) I felt better after 1 week of the antibiotics, so I stopped taking them.
  D) I have gained weight in the last 2 weeks.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ansleighelindsey

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

The client is being treated for nephritic syndrome, which could impact the amount of protein permitted to be eaten each day. The client should discuss dietary preferences with a dietician so that the client's nutritional needs will be met. An appetite stimulant is not going to improve the client's appetite if foods are provided that the client does not eat. The nurse should not encourage the client to eat foods that do not support the client's vegetarian diet. The nurse needs to help the client now and not have the client wait to go to home before having foods that the client wants to eat.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

The client probably had strep throat and did not take the full course of antibiotics, which accounts for the current symptoms that indicate glomerulonephritis. The nurse teaches this client about the importance of taking medications as prescribed to prevent further complications of a disease. Resting when ill is appropriate, as is changing to a more nutritious diet. Gaining weight would support the nurse's suspicion that the client has glomerulonephritis.

CBme

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library