This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a client who is newly diagnosed with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The ... (Read 48 times)

mwit1967

The nurse is caring for a client who is newly diagnosed with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The client asks the nurse if there are ways to protect the client's life partner from getting the HIV virus.

After educating the client, which statement indicates the need for further education?
  A) I know to use an oil-based lubricant to prevent spread of the disease to my partner.
  B) I can still kiss and hug my partner to show affection.
  C) I will not share my razor with my partner.
  D) I know I have to practice safer sex with my partner by using a latex condom.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing discharge instructions for an older adult client with cellulitis of the leg.

What should the nurse teach the client and family regarding ways to prevent this health problem from occurring in the future?
  A) Keep the client off her leg as much as possible.
  B) Bring the client to the doctor if there is a fall.
  C) Maintain a healthy diet.
  D) Do not allow the client to walk without assistance.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jennafosdick

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A

The nurse should educate the client on methods that will decrease the risk of transmitting the HIV. The client statement regarding the use of an oil-based lubricant requires further education. The client should use only water-based lubricants-not oil-based, such as petroleum jelly, which can result in condom damage. The other statements by the client indicate appropriate understanding of the information presented by the nurse.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

Older adult clients are susceptible to cellulitis, as their immune system and skin are compromised as they age. The best preventive measure to maintain skin integrity and a healthier immune system is good nutrition. Exercise is a good way to promote health, including walking. There is no data to support that the client needs assistance to ambulate. Cellulitis can occur on any part of the body, so preventing the client from using body parts, such as the legs, is not reasonable and does not prevent cellulitis. The nurse would instruct the family regarding signs and symptoms of developing cellulitis after a fall. It is not always necessary to bring the client to the doctor for a fall if no injuries were sustained.

mwit1967

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Joy Chen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library