This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client presents to the urologist with complaints of getting up to urinate several times a night ... (Read 34 times)

Tazate

A client presents to the urologist with complaints of getting up to urinate several times a night and difficulty starting a stream of urine.

After medical testing is completed, a diagnosis of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is made. After conducting teaching regarding BPH, which statement by the client indicates the need for further education?
  A) Alpha blockers can be used to control my symptoms.
  B) I know I will get cancer of the prostate because of this.
  C) As my condition progresses, I may need to consider surgical management.
  D) There are nonsurgical treatment options available.

Question 2

An older adult African-American client with a history of celiac disease presents with abdominal cramps, pain, and diarrhea.

The client denies the use alcohol, but states, my favorite foods are steak, cheese, and ice cream. Based on this data, which condition does the nurse suspect?
  A) Acute pancreatitis
  B) Appendicitis
  C) Lactase deficiency
  D) Food poisoning

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

meltdown117

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

BPH is benign condition that does not necessarily progress to cancer. It is caused by an increase in size of the prostate gland and is seen in older males. Alpha blockers will help control the symptoms. There are nonsurgical treatments available, such as medication to shrink the gland along with surgical management, such as resection.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

The most common risk factor for pancreatitis is alcohol abuse. Appendicitis usually involves loss of appetite and nausea and/or vomiting soon after abdominal pain begins. Lactose intolerance is more common in Native Americans, Asians, Hispanics, and African-Americans and in those with a history of celiac disease. Food poisoning generally causes some nausea and vomiting.

Tazate

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

komodo7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library