This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing care to a client at a local clinic. The nurse suspects that the client is ... (Read 90 times)

Marty

The nurse is providing care to a client at a local clinic. The nurse suspects that the client is experiencing a urinary tract infection. Which urinalysis result supports the nurse's suspicions?

A) pH 5.2
  B) Negative glucose
  C) WBC 10-15
  D) Specific gravity 1.012

Question 2

What statement made by the client would indicate understanding of discharge teaching for self-care after hospitalization for acute pancreatitis?

A) I will avoid onions, caffeine, and spices.
  B) I will take the antibiotics for 2 weeks.
  C) I will avoid alcoholic beverages.
  D) I will get immunized prior to my vacation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

FergA

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

A urinalysis typically consists of the pH, glucose, specific gravity, protein, and WBC count. The pH, glucose and specific gravity are all within normal limits. A normal WBC is 0-4. The WBC count for this client is high and indicates infection.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

Alcohol increases the risk of pancreatitis. Antibiotics are used to prevent pyloric stenosis. Onions, caffeine, and spices increase the risk of GERD. Immunizations can prevent specific types of hepatitis.

Marty

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
:D TYSM

connor417

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library