This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing care to a client at a local clinic. The nurse suspects that the client is ... (Read 93 times)

Marty

The nurse is providing care to a client at a local clinic. The nurse suspects that the client is experiencing a urinary tract infection. Which urinalysis result supports the nurse's suspicions?

A) pH 5.2
  B) Negative glucose
  C) WBC 10-15
  D) Specific gravity 1.012

Question 2

What statement made by the client would indicate understanding of discharge teaching for self-care after hospitalization for acute pancreatitis?

A) I will avoid onions, caffeine, and spices.
  B) I will take the antibiotics for 2 weeks.
  C) I will avoid alcoholic beverages.
  D) I will get immunized prior to my vacation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

FergA

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C

A urinalysis typically consists of the pH, glucose, specific gravity, protein, and WBC count. The pH, glucose and specific gravity are all within normal limits. A normal WBC is 0-4. The WBC count for this client is high and indicates infection.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

Alcohol increases the risk of pancreatitis. Antibiotics are used to prevent pyloric stenosis. Onions, caffeine, and spices increase the risk of GERD. Immunizations can prevent specific types of hepatitis.

Marty

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library