This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse instructs a group of community members about ways to reduce the development of cancer. ... (Read 61 times)

stephzh

The nurse instructs a group of community members about ways to reduce the development of cancer. Which participant statements indicate that teaching has been effective?

Select all that apply.
  A) I should eat at least 2 servings of fruits or vegetables each day.
  B) Sunscreen should be applied before spending time outdoors.
  C) I need to cut down on my smoking.
  D) I need to get my home tested for radon.
  E) I need to keep my children away from smokers.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client who is diagnosed with cancer. Which diagnostic tests may be helpful to assist with treatment options?

Select all that apply.
  A) Tumor markers
  B) Urinalysis
  C) Physical assessment
  D) MRI
  E) Stool analysis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

catron30

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B, D, E

Efforts to reduce the development of cancer include eating five servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Sunscreen should be used by those who spend time outside regularly for work or recreation. All smoking should be discouraged. The home should be tested for radon, which is a known cancer-causing substance. Children should be protected from exposure to tobacco smoke.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A, B, D

Many diagnostic tests are helpful in determining treatment for cancer. An MRI, urinalysis, and tumor markers are all diagnostic tests that may be used to determine treatment for cancer. A stool analysis is not a diagnostic test listed to determine treatment for cancer. A physical assessment may be useful to determine how a client is responding to treatment, but it is not considered a diagnostic test.

stephzh

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

irishcancer18

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library