This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse uses a substance to destroy microorganisms other than spores. Which term will the nurse ... (Read 56 times)

nmorano1

The nurse uses a substance to destroy microorganisms other than spores. Which term will the nurse use to describe this substance?

1. Antiseptic
  2. Disinfectant
  3. Sterilizer
  4. Aseptic

Question 2

The nurse is instructing the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) on positioning the client in the Fowler's position. Which statement by the UAP indicates appropriate understanding of Fowler's position?

1. I will put the client's head completely flat.
  2. I will elevate the client's head.
  3. I will only raise the head of the bed 30 .
  4. I will place the bed in the Trendelenburg position.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

frre432

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2

The substance that kills microorganisms except for spores is a disinfectant. An antiseptic destroys some microorganisms. Sterilization is complete removal of all pathogens. Aseptic means free from infection or infectious material.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2

The client's head is elevated when using Fowler's position. This statement indicates an appropriate understanding. The other statements made by the UAP indicate the need for further instruction.

nmorano1

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library