This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is explaining to the client that part of the assessment includes inspection. The nurse ... (Read 39 times)

nautica902

The nurse is explaining to the client that part of the assessment includes inspection. The nurse would know that the client understands inspection when the client makes which statement?

1. So, you are going to listen to my heart.
  2. So, you will be touching my abdomen.
  3. So, you will be looking at my skin.
  4. So, you are going tap my abdomen.

Question 2

The nurse is admitting an early-adolescent client. Which strategies would the nurse use when assessing the genitalia, anus, and inguinal area?

Select all that apply.
  1. Maintain a very professional, matter-of-fact approach.
  2. If possible, arrange for a nurse of the same sex as the client to perform the assessment.
  3. Assess the areas only if necessary.
  4. Provide a detailed explanation, and encourage the parents to be present during the exam.
  5. Use of humor to relax the client.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lucas dlamini

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3

Looking at the client's skin is inspection. This statement indicates that the client has understood this portion of the assessment. The other statements would indicate understanding of other portions of the assessment, which include auscultation, palpation, and percussion.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,2,3

nautica902

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

coreycathey

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library