This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client is 36 weeks pregnant. The nurse is assessing the client's respiratory system and finds ... (Read 46 times)

mspears3

The client is 36 weeks pregnant. The nurse is assessing the client's respiratory system and finds that the respiratory rate is 24 breaths per minute.

The client states that she sometimes experiences shortness of breath. Which response by the nurse is the most appropriate?
  1. You have developed asthma during your pregnancy.
  2. During your last trimester, it is normal for you to feel short of breath and to have a faster respiratory rate.
  3. I'm going to have to notify your healthcare provider right now about these findings.
  4. You have been infected with tuberculosis.

Question 2

A preschool client's respiratory rate is 30 per minute. The mother states, That seems like a really high number. My healthcare provider told me my respiratory rate is only 16 per minute. Which response by the nurse is the most appropriate?

1. This is a normal finding for your child's age.
  2. Your child is exhibiting a sign of a respiratory infection.
  3. Your child requires further assessment.
  4. Your child may simply be anxious.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

randomguy133

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1

mspears3

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library