This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is interviewing a client who has experienced a 15-pound weight gain during the last year. ... (Read 29 times)

Davideckstein7

The nurse is interviewing a client who has experienced a 15-pound weight gain during the last year. The nurse obtains a 24-hour dietary recall, as well as determining the client's exercise habits and feelings regarding plans to take off the excess weight.

Which type of approach is the nurse using to enhance the client's health?
  1. Psychosocial perspective.
  2. Illness perspective.
  3. Physiologic perspective.
  4. Wellness perspective.

Question 2

The nurse held a smoking cessation class prior to the upcoming Great American Smokeout, hoping to motivate many individuals to stop smoking by promoting self-efficacy.

Which statement made by a participant indicates the highest level of positive self-efficacy according to the Health Belief Model?
  1. I think this time will be different.
  2. I am going to do the best that I can, so that I won't get lung cancer.
  3. I am afraid of getting lung cancer like my father.
  4. I know that this time I will quit smoking permanently.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Animal_Goddess

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
When using a wellness perspective, the nurse focuses on the client's personal strengths and abilities to enhance health. An illness perspective does not include the positive attributes that the client possesses to address the problem. A physiologic perspective could also be considered an illness perspective. A psychosocial perspective would not take into account the physiologic alteration necessary for a successful weight loss program.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4

Based on the Health Belief Model, self-efficacy refers to the level of confidence an individual has about the ability to perform the activity. The client's statement that he/she intends to make a permanent change shows the highest-level determination and motivation. Stating that this attempt at quitting smoking will be different shows a low level of commitment to the action. Stating fear of getting lung cancer and referring to a family member with the disease represents internal cues to action, based on the Health Belief Model.

Davideckstein7

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library