This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is interviewing a client who has experienced a 15-pound weight gain during the last year. ... (Read 38 times)

Davideckstein7

The nurse is interviewing a client who has experienced a 15-pound weight gain during the last year. The nurse obtains a 24-hour dietary recall, as well as determining the client's exercise habits and feelings regarding plans to take off the excess weight.

Which type of approach is the nurse using to enhance the client's health?
  1. Psychosocial perspective.
  2. Illness perspective.
  3. Physiologic perspective.
  4. Wellness perspective.

Question 2

The nurse held a smoking cessation class prior to the upcoming Great American Smokeout, hoping to motivate many individuals to stop smoking by promoting self-efficacy.

Which statement made by a participant indicates the highest level of positive self-efficacy according to the Health Belief Model?
  1. I think this time will be different.
  2. I am going to do the best that I can, so that I won't get lung cancer.
  3. I am afraid of getting lung cancer like my father.
  4. I know that this time I will quit smoking permanently.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Animal_Goddess

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
When using a wellness perspective, the nurse focuses on the client's personal strengths and abilities to enhance health. An illness perspective does not include the positive attributes that the client possesses to address the problem. A physiologic perspective could also be considered an illness perspective. A psychosocial perspective would not take into account the physiologic alteration necessary for a successful weight loss program.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4

Based on the Health Belief Model, self-efficacy refers to the level of confidence an individual has about the ability to perform the activity. The client's statement that he/she intends to make a permanent change shows the highest-level determination and motivation. Stating that this attempt at quitting smoking will be different shows a low level of commitment to the action. Stating fear of getting lung cancer and referring to a family member with the disease represents internal cues to action, based on the Health Belief Model.

Davideckstein7

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

nyrave

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library