This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has just completed an examination of a patient's extraocular muscles. When documenting the ... (Read 25 times)

Hungry!

The nurse has just completed an examination of a patient's extraocular muscles. When documenting the findings, the nurse should document the assessment of which cranial nerves?

a. II, III, and VI
  b. II, IV, and V
  c. III, IV, and V
  d. III, IV, and VI

Question 2

A patient states, Whenever I open my mouth real wide, I feel this popping sensation in front of my ears. To further examine this, the nurse would:

a. Place the stethoscope over the temporomandibular joint, and listen for bruits.
  b. Place the hands over his ears, and ask him to open his mouth really wide.
  c. Place one hand on his forehead and the other on his jaw, and ask him to try to open his mouth.
  d. Place a finger on his temporomandibular joint, and ask him to open and close his mouth.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pratush dev

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Extraocular muscles are innervated by cranial nerves III, IV, and VI.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The nurse should palpate the temporomandibular joint by placing his or her fingers over the joint as the person opens and closes the mouth.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library