This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has just completed an examination of a patient's extraocular muscles. When documenting the ... (Read 26 times)

Hungry!

The nurse has just completed an examination of a patient's extraocular muscles. When documenting the findings, the nurse should document the assessment of which cranial nerves?

a. II, III, and VI
  b. II, IV, and V
  c. III, IV, and V
  d. III, IV, and VI

Question 2

A patient states, Whenever I open my mouth real wide, I feel this popping sensation in front of my ears. To further examine this, the nurse would:

a. Place the stethoscope over the temporomandibular joint, and listen for bruits.
  b. Place the hands over his ears, and ask him to open his mouth really wide.
  c. Place one hand on his forehead and the other on his jaw, and ask him to try to open his mouth.
  d. Place a finger on his temporomandibular joint, and ask him to open and close his mouth.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pratush dev

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Extraocular muscles are innervated by cranial nerves III, IV, and VI.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The nurse should palpate the temporomandibular joint by placing his or her fingers over the joint as the person opens and closes the mouth.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library