This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an examination, the nurse notices that the patient stumbles a little while walking, and, when ... (Read 49 times)

Alygatorr01285

During an examination, the nurse notices that the patient stumbles a little while walking, and, when she sits down, she holds on to the sides of the chair. The patient states, It feels like the room is spinning

The nurse notices that the patient is experiencing:
  a.
  Objective vertigo.
  b.
  Subjective vertigo.
  c.
  Tinnitus.
  d.
  Dizziness.

Question 2

A patient has been admitted after an accident at work. During the assessment, the patient is having trouble hearing and states, I don't know what the matter is. All of a sudden, I can't hear you out of my left ear What should the nurse do next?

a. Make note of this finding for the report to the next shift.
  b. Prepare to remove cerumen from the patient's ear.
  c. Notify the patient's health care provider.
  d. Irrigate the ear with rubbing alcohol.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

janeli1

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
With objective vertigo, the patient feels like the room spins; with subjective vertigo, the person feels like he or she is spinning. Tinnitus is a sound that comes from within a person; it can be a ringing, crackling, or buzzing sound. It accompanies some hearing or ear disorders. Dizziness is not the same as true vertigo; the person who is dizzy may feel unsteady and lightheaded.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Any sudden loss of hearing in one or both ears that is not associated with an upper respiratory infection needs to be reported at once to the patient's health care provider. Hearing loss associated with trauma is often sudden. Irrigating the ear or removing cerumen is not appropriate at this time.

Alygatorr01285

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library