This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A postmenopausal client is experiencing low back and pelvic pain, fatigue, and bloody vaginal ... (Read 17 times)

bclement10

A postmenopausal client is experiencing low back and pelvic pain, fatigue, and bloody vaginal discharge. What laboratory tests would the nurse expect to see ordered for this client if endometrial cancer is suspected? (Select all that apply.)

a. Cancer antigen-125 (CA-125)
  b. White blood cell (WBC) count
  c. Hemoglobin and hematocrit (H&H)
  d. International normalized ratio (INR)
  e. Prothrombin time (PT)

Question 2

The nurse is giving discharge instructions to a client who had a total abdominal hysterectomy. Which statements by the client indicate a need for further teaching? (Select all that apply.)

a. I should not have any problems driving to see my mother, who lives 3 hours away.
  b. Now that I have time off from work, I can return to my exercise routine next week.
  c. My granddaughter weighs 23 pounds, so I need to refrain from picking her up.
  d. I will have to limit the times that I climb our stairs at home to morning and night.
  e. For 1 month, I will need to refrain from sexual intercourse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

whitcassie

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, C
Serum tumor markers such as CA-125 assess for metastasis, especially if elevated. H&H would evaluate the possibility of anemia, a common finding with postmenopausal bleeding with endometrial cancer. WBC count is not indicated since there are no signs of infection. The INR and PT are coagulation tests to measure the time it takes for a fibrin clot to form. They are used to evaluate the extrinsic pathway of coagulation in clients receiving oral warfarin.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B
Driving and sitting for extended periods of time should be avoided until the surgeon gives permission. For 2 to 6 weeks, exercise participation should also be avoided. All of the other responses demonstrate adequate knowledge for discharge. The client should not lift anything heavier than 10 pounds, should limit stair climbing, and should refrain from sexual intercourse.

bclement10

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

matt95

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library