This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is doing preoperative teaching for a client who is scheduled for removal of cervical ... (Read 57 times)

craiczarry

The nurse is doing preoperative teaching for a client who is scheduled for removal of cervical polyps in the office. Which statement by the client indicates a correct understanding of the procedure?

a. I hope that I do not have cancer of the cervix.
  b. There should be little or no discomfort during the procedure.
  c. There may be a lot of bleeding after the polyp is removed.
  d. This may prevent me from having any more children.

Question 2

A client has recently been diagnosed with stage III endometrial cancer and asks the nurse for an explanation. What response by the nurse is correct about the staging of the cancer?

a. The cancer has spread to the mucosa of the bowel and bladder.
  b. It has reached the vagina or lymph nodes.
  c. The cancer now involves the cervix.
  d. It is contained in the endometrium of the cervix.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CharlieArnold

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Polyp removal is a simple office procedure with the client feeling no pain. The other responses are incorrect. Cervical polyps are the most common benign growth of the cervix. Cautery is used to stop any bleeding, and there is no evidence that cervical polyps have a relationship to childbearing.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Stage III of endometrial cancer reaches the vagina or lymph nodes. Stage I is confined to the endometrium. Stage II involves the cervix, and stage IV spreads to the bowel or bladder mucosa and/or beyond the pelvis.

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Wow, this really help

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library