This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is doing preoperative teaching for a client who is scheduled for removal of cervical ... (Read 58 times)

craiczarry

The nurse is doing preoperative teaching for a client who is scheduled for removal of cervical polyps in the office. Which statement by the client indicates a correct understanding of the procedure?

a. I hope that I do not have cancer of the cervix.
  b. There should be little or no discomfort during the procedure.
  c. There may be a lot of bleeding after the polyp is removed.
  d. This may prevent me from having any more children.

Question 2

A client has recently been diagnosed with stage III endometrial cancer and asks the nurse for an explanation. What response by the nurse is correct about the staging of the cancer?

a. The cancer has spread to the mucosa of the bowel and bladder.
  b. It has reached the vagina or lymph nodes.
  c. The cancer now involves the cervix.
  d. It is contained in the endometrium of the cervix.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CharlieArnold

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Polyp removal is a simple office procedure with the client feeling no pain. The other responses are incorrect. Cervical polyps are the most common benign growth of the cervix. Cautery is used to stop any bleeding, and there is no evidence that cervical polyps have a relationship to childbearing.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Stage III of endometrial cancer reaches the vagina or lymph nodes. Stage I is confined to the endometrium. Stage II involves the cervix, and stage IV spreads to the bowel or bladder mucosa and/or beyond the pelvis.

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library