This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a client with renal cancer who is prescribed temsirolimus (Torisel), the nurse ... (Read 25 times)

folubunmi

After teaching a client with renal cancer who is prescribed temsirolimus (Torisel), the nurse assesses the client's understanding. Which statement made by the client indicates a correct understanding of the teaching?

a. I will take this medication with food and plenty of water.
  b. I shall keep my appointment at the infusion center each week.
  c. I'll limit my intake of green leafy vegetables while on this medication.
  d. I must not take this medication if I have an infection or am feeling ill.

Question 2

A nurse cares for a client who has pyelonephritis. The client states, I am embarrassed to talk about my symptoms. How should the nurse respond?

a. I am a professional. Your symptoms will be kept in confidence.
  b. I understand. Elimination is a private topic and shouldn't be discussed.
  c. Take your time. It is okay to use words that are familiar to you.
  d. You seem anxious. Would you like a nurse of the same gender to care for you?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Temsirolimus is administered as a weekly intravenous infusion. This medication blocks protein that is needed for cell division and therefore inhibits cell cycle progression. This medication is not taken orally, and clients do not need to follow a specific diet.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Clients may be uncomfortable discussing issues related to elimination and the genitourinary area. The nurse should encourage the client to use language that is familiar to the client. The nurse should not make promises that cannot be kept, like keeping the client's symptoms confidential. The nurse must assess the client and cannot take the time to stop the discussion or find another nurse to complete the assessment.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library