This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a client with congestive heart failure (CHF), the nurse assesses the client's ... (Read 114 times)

After teaching a client with congestive heart failure (CHF), the nurse assesses the client's understanding. Which client statements indicate a correct understanding of the teaching related to nutritional intake? (Select all that apply.)

a. I'll read the nutritional labels on food items for salt content.
  b. I will drink at least 3 liters of water each day.
  c. Using salt in moderation will reduce the workload of my heart.
  d. I will eat oatmeal for breakfast instead of ham and eggs.
  e. Substituting fresh vegetables for canned ones will lower my salt intake.

Question 2

A nurse collaborates with an unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) to provide care for a client with congestive heart failure. Which instructions should the nurse provide to the UAP when delegating care for this client? (Select all that apply.)

a. Reposition the client every 2 hours.
  b. Teach the client to perform deep-breathing exercises.
  c. Accurately record intake and output.
  d. Use the same scale to weigh the client each morning.
  e. Place the client on oxygen if the client becomes short of breath.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, D, E
Nutritional therapy for a client with CHF is focused on decreasing sodium and water retention to decrease the workload of the heart. The client should be taught to read nutritional labels on all food items, omit table salt and foods high in sodium (e.g., ham and canned foods), and limit water intake to a normal 2 L/day.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, C, D
The UAP should reposition the client every 2 hours to improve oxygenation and prevent atelectasis. The UAP can also accurately record intake and output, and use the same scale to weigh the client each morning before breakfast. UAPs are not qualified to teach clients or assess the need for and provide oxygen therapy.

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Gracias!

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library